The ICDL Asia Digital Challenge 2021 is an annual student competition that invites secondary and tertiary school students in Asia to compete and demonstrate how digital skills can be applied in this new digital economy. The competition will expose contestants to emerging technologies, data analytics, design, and the use of office application tools.
In its 4th iteration this year, over 500 students from nine territories participated in this challenge, namely Australia, China, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, and Vietnam. There are three competition tracks: Business, Design and Emerging Technologies track. All contestants must go through two rounds of national qualification, before emerging as the top 2 national representatives to compete with fellow contestants from the Asia Pacific region at the Grand Final of the challenge on 7 September 2021.
After undergoing 3 rigorous rounds of competition for 6 months, we are proud to announce the winners of the 2021 ICDL Asia Digital Challenge!
- Vinuki Akarsha Perera, Gateway School of Computing, Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Soh Qian Yu, Crescent Girls’ School, Singapore
- Tan Seh Er, Tunku Abdul Rahman University College, Malaysia
- Ahmad Bulya Hakimi Bin Safawi, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Malaysia
- Dam Anh Linh, National Economics University, Vietnam
- Muhammad Harith Hakeem Bin Mohd Shahril, The Malay College Kuala Kangsar, Malaysia
- Chua Szy-En, Crescent Girls’ School, Singapore
- Azalea Tiara Oliveiro, Northlight School, Singapore
- Nallainathan Kruban, Gateway School of Computing, Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Ong Hao Ye, Wesley Methodist School Coalfields, Malaysia
- Pitakpong Chatchalermchai, Kasetsart University Sriracha Campus, Thailand
- Ratcharphol Charlee, Kasetsart University Sriracha Campus, Thailand
- Konatsu Nishizume, Kobe Shinwa Women’s University, Japan
- Mayu Mimura, Nagoya Mode Gakuen, Japan
- He Xiaoxing, Guannan Technical Secondary School of Jiangsu, China
- Ding Hui, Guannan Technical Secondary School of Jiangsu, China
- Adam Paora, Tyndale Park Christian School, New Zealand
- David Narayanan, Tyndale Park Christian School, New Zealand
- Guo Dazhi, Dafeng Secondary Vocational School of Jiangsu Province, China
- Zhang Shuqing, Dafeng Secondary Vocational School of Jiangsu Province, China
- Gregorius Giga Abdipatria, Politeknik Manufaktur Astra, Indonesia
- Albert Wijaya, Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, Indonesia
- Michael Kevin Mariampillai, St. Peter’s College, Sri Lanka
- Muhammad Haziq Bin Zull Azri, Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia, Malaysia
- Aiman Bin Omar, Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia, Malaysia
- Jirayu Nimnual, Muban Chombueng Rajabhat University (MCRU), Thailand
- Chow Jing Xiang, Singapore Polytechnic, Singapore
- Jason Lui Yong Jian, INTI International College Penang, Malaysia
- Yang Mingxin, Dafeng Secondary Vocational School of Jiangsu Province, China
- Nattakit Srattapant, Navaminda Kasatriyadhiraj Royal Air Force Academy, Thailand
- Vu Duc Chien, Hanoi Vocational College of High Technology, Vietnam
EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES TRACK
- Keshiyan Aravinthan, Gateway School of Computing, Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Ninad Dixit, Global Indian International School, Singapore
- Lim Zi Yang, INTEC Education College, Malaysia
- Yap Chuin Pern, INTEC Education College, Malaysia
- Ayekha Palihakkara, Gateway School of Computing, Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Natthachai Norrasarnkanit, Navaminda Kasatriyadhiraj Royal Air Force Academy, Thailand
- Pattanakrit Pootipinyowat, Royal Thai Air Force Nursing College, Thailand
Congratulations to all our winners!
The winners were announced during the ICDL Asia Digital Literacy Day 2021 held virtually on 9 September 2021.
We would like to thank our sponsors, Alibaba Cloud, Enterprise Ireland, Siemens and Skillsbox for supporting our event. We would also like to express our thanks to our judges of the 3D Design Track, Mr. Sean Seneviratne from Siemens Digital Industries Software, Mr. Eric Hsu from Dell Technologies, and Mr. Haidong Gu from Alibaba Cloud. Lastly, we would like to thank all the contestants, schools and partners for participating in the ICDL Asia Digital Challenge 2021.
ICDL – The Digital Skills Standard