Digital Citizen Plus
Technology is a key element of modern life and workplace, however many people have had very little exposure to computers or the internet and may find the need to develop the necessary digital skills for everyday tasks or for the modern workplace daunting.
Digital Citizen Plus is designed for beginners and is open to everyone regardless of status, education, age or ability. The module helps to remove the fear of using a computer by employing a skills-based approach to educating individuals in the basics of using a computer, email and the internet
The Digital Citizen Programme does not require you to pass a test and is designed to build confidence levels, before progressing on the path to digital literacy certification with the ICDL Workforce Programme and beyond.
Develop the basic computer and internet skills needed to progress to ICDL Workforce and beyond
|Computer and devices||
|Desktop and managing files||
Main learning outcomes
Candidates who complete the Digital Citizen Plus programme will gain the skills needed in order to progress onto the ICDL Workforce modules and beyond. They will be able to:
- understand the basics of computer usage and the internet
- know how to create, save and edit a document
- understand how to create, save and edit a spreadsheet
- navigate the desktop and manage files
- search for information and communicate online
Why certify with ICDL?
- ICDL is the global leader in digital literacy learning and certification
- ICDL Programmes offer clear progression routes for candidates
- The regularly updated syllabus content reflects day-to-day tasks and responsibilities typical of job roles.
- ICDL modules focus on skills acquisition as well as an understanding of concepts
- ICDL syllabus content is vendor-independent so that skills and knowledge are transferable
The detailed syllabus for the Digital Citizen Plus is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
Offer ICDL in your organisation
You can use ICDL as a training centre, a school or college, or for your own staff within your organisation.
To offer ICDL certification, you should contact the local ICDL operator in your country.
You can find contact details for all ICDL operators on our ‘ICDL in your country‘ page.
Find an ICDL course near you
Certifying your digital skills with ICDL is simple:
- Assess your existing skills with a Diagnostic Test
- Build your skills during a course or through learning in your own time
- Certify your skills and earn an ICDL certificate
ICDL Diagnostic Tests, Certification Tests, and courses are available through a network of test centres around Europe.
To get started, find an ICDL Accredited Test Centre near you