Digital Citizen Tablet Fundamentals
The Digital Citizen Tablet Fundamentals module sets out essential concepts and skills relating to the use of tablets to browse and search the web, work with images and video, manage applications, and store data securely.
The Digital Citizen programme is designed for complete beginners and is open to everyone regardless of status, education, age or ability. There are many people who have never used a tabelt before but are aware of the Internet and its possible uses. If you would like to know more about computers and the Internet but feel learning these new skills is too complicated, then the Digital Citizen programme is for you.
Digital Citizen is designed to be the first step for candidates to engage with the digital world. Candidates who successfully pass the Digital Citizen programme, may wish to continue their learning, by registering for the Digital Citizen Plus programme and the ICDL Workforce Modules.
Develop the basic skills needed to use a tablet and the internet to complete everyday tasks
|Tablet Concepts|| |
|Getting Started|| |
|Networks, Accounts|| |
|Web Browsing and Search|| |
|Working with Images, Video|| |
Main learning outcomes
Candidates who complete the Digital Citizen Tablet Fundamentals module will gain the skills needed to use a tablet effectively, to browse and search the web, work with images and video, manage applications, and store data securely. Candidates will be able to:
- Understand the features of a tablet and its uses
- Carry out common operations, apply settings, and secure a tablet
- Use a wireless network securely, and set up online accounts for different services
- Use a web browser to browse, search for, and bookmark web pages
- Capture, view, organise and share images and videos
- Use an application store, and install and update applications
- Recognise backup and storage options for a tablet, and use cloud-based storage
Why certify with ICDL?
- ICDL is the global leader in digital literacy learning and certification
- ICDL Programmes offer clear progression routes for candidates
- The regularly updated syllabus content reflects day-to-day tasks and responsibilities typical of job roles.
- ICDL modules focus on skills acquisition as well as an understanding of concepts
- ICDL syllabus content is vendor-independent so that skills and knowledge are transferable
The detailed syllabus for the Digital Citizen Tablet Fundamentals module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
Offer ICDL in your organisation
You can use ICDL as a training centre, a school or college, or for your own staff within your organisation.
To offer ICDL certification, you should contact the local ICDL operator in your country.
You can find contact details for all ICDL operators on our ‘ICDL in your country‘ page.
Find an ICDL course near you
Certifying your digital skills with ICDL is simple:
- Assess your existing skills with a Diagnostic Test
- Build your skills during a course or through learning in your own time
- Certify your skills and earn an ICDL certificate
ICDL Diagnostic Tests, Certification Tests, and courses are available through a network of test centres around Europe.
To get started, find an ICDL Accredited Test Centre near you