The Documents module provides students with the word processing skills necessary to create, format and finalise a document for printing or sharing.
Word processing is a life skill! It can be used at school, home, or in the workplace. Knowing how to organise information in a document allows students to convey a message effectively.
The Documents module provides students with the skill to complete a vast range of assignments such as essays, reports, research summaries, newsletters and biographies. It also can be applied to personal and work-related tasks. Whether it is creating a CV or making a poster to promote a school event, most tasks that use technology, require word processing. It is an essential skill that every student needs to master, both for learning and their future career.
Develop the skills needed to create documents that are attractive and easy to read
|Using the application||
Main learning outcomes
Successful students will be able to use word processing applications to create, edit, and output everyday documents. After passing
this module, students will feel confident enhancing their documents with text formatting and by inserting common features such as tables or images. They will be able to:
- understand the key concepts of word processing
- identify the different file formats and how to save them
- recognise good practice applying formatting options
- understand the different elements, objects, and data that can be added to a document
- know how to finalise a document and prepare it for printing
- prepare and create documents using mail merge
Why certify with ICDL?
- ICDL is the global leader in digital literacy learning and certification
- ICDL modules are designed and updated by global subject matter experts, providing a standardised certification of skills and knowledge
- ICDL is used by thousands of schools around the world
- ICDL has rigorous Quality Assurance Standards (QAS) and regular quality audits are conducted internally and externally
The detailed syllabus for the Documents module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
Offer ICDL in your school
ICDL is a global digital skills certification. With a wide range of courses to choose from, ICDL offers the real world digital skills your students need to excel and become more productive learners, employees, entrepreneurs and citizens.
To offer ICDL to your learners, students and staff you will need to become an ICDL Accredited Test Centre (ATC).