Information & Collaboration Essentials
The Information & Collaboration Essentials module provides students with essential knowledge and skills needed to efficiently search for, evaluate and organise online information, interact and communicate safely and responsibly, manage their digital footprint, and use collaborative tools.
While students may be proficient in using phones and devices, they often lack the digital skills necessary as they progress through school. To foster effective learning and maintain their well-being, it’s crucial for students to master the ability to critically evaluate online information, safeguard their online safety, interact responsibly, preserve their digital reputation, and engage in collaborative learning experiences.
This module is designed to empower students with the digital skills that are crucial for both their educational journey and life.
Empowering School Students with Essential Skills for Learning and Life
Information Concepts and Device Use
|Information Search|| |
|Online Safety and Digital Footprint|| |
|Using Online Collaborative Tools|| |
Main learning outcomes
Successful students will gain the essential digital skills required to support their learning development. After passing this module, students will feel confident searching for information online, communicating safely and responsibly, managing their digital footprint, and using collaborative tools efficiently. They will be able to:
- understand key information concepts and how to use devices responsibly
- define an information need and search efficiently for online information
- critically evaluate sources, search results and organise online information
- interact and communicate safely online and manage digital footprint
- setup online accounts and use collaborative tools such as online storage, social networks, and online meeting applications
Why certify with ICDL?
- ICDL is the global leader in digital literacy learning and certification
- ICDL modules are designed and updated by global subject matter experts, providing a standardised certification of skills and knowledge
- ICDL is used by thousands of schools around the world
- ICDL has rigorous Quality Assurance Standards (QAS) and regular quality audits are conducted internally and externally
The detailed syllabus for the Information & Collaboration Essentials module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
Offer ICDL in your school
ICDL is a global digital skills certification. With a wide range of courses to choose from, ICDL offers the real world digital skills your students need to excel and become more productive learners, employees, entrepreneurs and citizens.
To offer ICDL to your learners, students and staff you will need to become an ICDL Accredited Test Centre (ATC).