The Information Literacy module covers the main concepts and skills relating to identifying, searching, evaluating, organising, and communicating online information.
Information literacy is a building block for lifelong learning, it encourages and informs problem solving and critical thinking. After successfully completing this module, students will have the skills to locate, use and evaluate information to inform their decision making and use appropriate resources to produce high-quality assessments
Develop the skills needed to find and evaluate online information
|Searching for information||
|Evaluating and organising information||
Main learning outcomes
Successful students will be able to find, assess, and evaluate online information before organising and communicating it in an effective manner. After passing this module, students will feel confident researching topics and reporting on their findings. They will be able to:
- identify what online information is needed to meet a particular requirement
- know how to search securely for online information using search engines and social media
- critically evaluate information using a range of criteria
- understand good management and organisation of information
- know how to plan, draft, review, and deliver online information
Why certify with ICDL?
- ICDL is the global leader in digital literacy learning and certification
- ICDL modules are designed and updated by global subject matter experts, providing a standardised certification of skills and knowledge
- ICDL is used by thousands of schools around the world
- ICDL has rigorous Quality Assurance Standards (QAS) and regular quality audits are conducted internally and externally
The detailed syllabus for the Documents module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
Offer ICDL in your school
ICDL is a global digital skills certification. With a wide range of courses to choose from, ICDL offers the real world digital skills your students need to excel and become more productive learners, employees, entrepreneurs and citizens.
To offer ICDL to your learners, students and staff you will need to become an ICDL Accredited Test Centre (ATC).