The Robotics module covers the main concepts and skills needed to assemble, programme, and control a simple robot.
Robots are not only found in science fiction. Programmable mechanical devices are increasingly used to automate common tasks; for example,
in factories and distribution centres.
People will interact more and more with these devices in different environments such as home, school, or healthcare. Early exposure to this technology will help to explain their use as well as open paths to future learning and more specialised skills development.
Develop the skills needed to start working with simple robots.
|Simple control system||
|Working with robots||
Main learning outcomes
Successful students will gain foundational skills and knowledge in robotics. After passing this module, students will feel confident building and programming a robot using widely available robotics kits and visual programming language. These skills can be further extended with modules such as ICDL Computing. They will be able to:
- understand key concepts relating to robots and robotics systems
- identify examples of robots and the main parts of a robot and their function, including microcontrollers, actuators, sensors, and power sources
- understand the elements of a simple control system and how to test it
- understand basic programming concepts and visual programming language
- set up a robot, implement robotic motion, and control a robot in an environment
Why certify with ICDL?
- ICDL is the global leader in digital literacy learning and certification
- ICDL modules are designed and updated by global subject matter experts, providing a standardised certification of skills and knowledge
- ICDL is used by thousands of schools around the world
- ICDL has rigorous Quality Assurance Standards (QAS) and regular quality audits are conducted internally and externally
The detailed syllabus for the Documents module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
Offer ICDL in your school
ICDL is a global digital skills certification. With a wide range of courses to choose from, ICDL offers the real world digital skills your students need to excel and become more productive learners, employees, entrepreneurs and citizens.
To offer ICDL to your learners, students and staff you will need to become an ICDL Accredited Test Centre (ATC).