The Cloud Computing module introduces the use of Internet-connected remote servers to store, manage, and process data, instead of using local servers or computers.
Cloud computing and cloud services are increasingly common technologies used by organisations to add flexibility, efficiency, and innovation. Many job roles in a range of sectors need to have an understanding of the potential of these technologies, as well as a grasp of the benefits and challenges associated with their adoption.
This module is suitable for a wide range of candidates; for example, non-technical professionals who wish to build and demonstrate an understanding of Cloud Computing, facilitating engagement with their technical colleagues or their suppliers, or students who wish to add general technical knowledge to sector-specific or general studies.
Build an understanding of the key concepts and potential of Cloud Computing for businesses and organisations
Main learning outcomes
The Cloud Computing module consists of e-learning followed by a brief certification test. Together, these components deliver a short, focused professional development solution.
- Understand key concepts relating to cloud computing
- Recognise the features, benefits, examples, and limitations of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Recognise the features, benefits, limitations and provide examples of Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Recognise the features, benefits, limitations and provide examples of Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Identify features and examples of Function as a Service (FaaS)
- Know about the different models for implementing cloud computing in organisations
- Consider appropriate solutions and models for implementing cloud computing in a given scenario or situation.
ICDL Insights modules
Designed to address the requirement for current and future business managers to develop an understanding of trending and emerging technology, ICDL Insights offers overview modules that are contextualised in a practical way. These short, introductory modules provide the conceptual understanding to allow managers who are not IT professionals to consider the potential of technology and have informed conversations with IT professionals or specialists
ICDL Insights contains a range of modules which can be combined in any way to create a unique ICDL Profile. The syllabus content of each module is supported by high-quality elearning materials that establishes core concepts, gives practical examples of implementation, and provides opportunities for reflection. Together with a short certification test, this learning can provide a excellent opportunity either to develop relevant
competences for future career development, or to contribute to continuous professional development.
The modules in ICDL Insights are:
Why certify with ICDL?
- ICDL certification is internationally recognised by employers and institutions.
- ICDL Insights modules combine cutting- edge e-learning with a brief certification test to demonstrate your mastery of the relevant concepts and good practice.
- ICDL Insights modules can be coupled with more comprehensive, skills-focused modules to build a profile of skills, knowledge, and competences that are relevant to your career.
- ICDL syllabus content is vendor- independent so that skills, knowledge, and competence are transferable.
Use ICDL Insights in your organisation
If you are interested in using ICDL Insights in your organisation, please contact us using the contact form on this page.
Upon submitting this contact form, ICDL Asia will use your personal data to:
- Respond to your questions or comments
We will only use your data for the purpose of sending emails to you if you consent when completing this form. Your personal data will be processed by staff of ICDL Asia. We may share your personal data with National Operators of the ICDL and ICDL programmes. We will hold your data for 1 year from the date of the last email that we send to you.
You can always withdraw your consent for ICDL Asia to use your personal data. To do this, simply use the unsubscribe button on any email that ICDL Asia has sent you or submit a request through this form.