The Advanced Spreadsheets 3.0 module sets out advanced skills that can be used to produce sophisticated reports, perform complex mathematical and statistical calculations, and improve productivity when using a spreadsheet application.
In a data driven world, understanding how to use a versatile tool like a spreadsheet can be invaluable. Spreadsheet skills are essential in a range of areas, from learning, education and research, to business. The Advanced Spreadsheets module covers topics like displaying data in charts, analysing data using tables and scenarios, validating data, working more productively, and working collaboratively. It is ideal for anyone who needs to know how to go further than simple formulas in spreadsheet tools.
|Formulas and functions||
|Validating and auditing||
What are the benefits of this module?
- Allows users to become more confident, efficient and effective in using a spreadsheet application.
- Proves mastery of the application.
- Enables users to produce better reports with deeper data analysis.
- Improves user’s productivity.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Apply advanced formatting options such as conditional formatting and customised number formatting and handle worksheets.
- Use functions such as those associated with logical, statistical, financial and mathematical operations.
- Create charts and apply advanced chart formatting.
- Work with tables and lists to analyse, filter and sort data. Create and use scenarios.
- Validate and audit spreadsheet data.
- Enhance productivity by working with named cell ranges and macros.
- Use linking, embedding and importing features to integrate data.
- Compare and merge spreadsheets. Apply spreadsheet security features.
The detailed syllabus for the Advanced Spreadsheets module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
Do you want to better understand the Advanced Spreadsheets module and how we test skills and knowledge?
Try out the Advanced Spreadsheets sample tests here to get a feel for the coverage of the module, or practice before your certification test.
ICDL Professional modules
ICDL Professional is made up of groups of modules that are tailored for different sectors, covering the core skills that will only become more important over time.
Each module is supported by training materials that cover the syllabus content in a way that is easy to relate to day-to-day tasks and responsibilities within a particular sector.
Modules can be mixed and matched from different sectors to create a unique ICDL Profile. For example, someone working in marketing might take Digital Marketing, Advanced Word Processing, Advanced Presentation, and Image Editing.