The Digital Marketing module covers the main concepts and skills of digital marketing, such as creating a web presence, optimising content for search engines, using social media platforms, selling online, different types of advertising, as well as monitoring and improving campaigns using analytics.
Digital marketing is a growing sector and workers with these skills are in demand. As businesses access new markets through online channels, they need employees who can help to build their online trading and commerce capabilities.
This module is suitable for a wide range of candidates; for example, entrepreneurs, employees of small- and medium- sized enterprises, students, and marketing professionals who want to build and certify their digital marketing skills.
Develop the skills needed to plan, execute, and measure an effective digital marketing campaign.
|Digital marketing concepts||
|Social media setup||
|Social media management||
|Online marketing and advertising||
Main learning outcomes
Successful candidates will be able to define different elements of digital marketing, understand what goes into a campaign, and identify the typical goals used. After passing this module, candidates will feel confident carrying out digital marketing tasks effectively and efficiently. They will be able to:
- understand the key concepts and terms used in digital marketing
- recognise the importance of different tactics and when to use them
- identify different tools and platforms and know what they are used for
- outline the considerations and options for creating campaigns
- understand insights and analytics and what services are available to measure them.
Why certify with ICDL?
- ICDL certification is internationally recognised by employers and institutions.
- ICDL modules are developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising professionals from all over the world.
- The regularly updated syllabus content reflects day-to-day tasks and responsibilities typical of job roles.
- ICDL modules focus on skills acquisition as well as an understanding of concepts.
- ICDL syllabus content is vendor-independent so that skills and knowledge are transferable.
- ICDL has rigorous Quality Assurance Standards (QAS) and regular quality audits are conducted internally and externally.
The detailed syllabus for the Digital Marketing module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
Do you want to better understand the Digital Marketing module and how we test skills and knowledge?
Try out the Digital Marketing sample tests here to get a feel for the coverage of the module, or practice before your certification test.
Offer ICDL in your organisation
You can use ICDL as a training centre, a school or college, or for your own staff within your organisation.
To offer ICDL certification, you should contact the local ICDL operator in your territory.
You can find contact details for all ICDL operators on our ‘ICDL in your territory‘ page.
Find an ICDL course near you
Certifying your digital skills with ICDL is simple:
- Assess your existing skills with a Diagnostic Test
- Build your skills during a course or through learning in your own time
- Certify your skills and earn an ICDL certificate
ICDL Diagnostic Tests, Certification Tests, and courses are available through a network of test centres around Asia.
To get started, find an ICDL Accredited Test Centre near you